You can have Jalapeno Bake using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jalapeno Bake
- Prepare of Ground chorizo.
- It’s of Ground Beef.
- Prepare of Jalapenos.
- Prepare of Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s of Queso Fresco.
- Prepare of Green Onion.
- You need of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper.
Jalapeno Bake instructions
- Start by cooking some ground chorizo, strain, & set aside on paper towels. In the same pan brown 1 pound of ground beef (you could use turkey as well.) Strain excess grease and then add the chorizo to the beef and mix well in pan. Season with a little salt and pepper. Set aside and let cool. Meanwhile prep your jalapenos by slicing them in half and removing all the seeds and veins. Place in a baking dish and place in a 400° oven for about 10 minutes or until they just start to soften..
- While the jalapenos are in the oven finish preparing your meat mixture by mixing in 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar. Remove the jalapenos from oven and fill with meat mixture. Stuff them as much as possible and press down a little to pack it in. Cover with crumbled queso fresco. Place back in oven for approximately 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown slightly..
- Remove from oven and let cool before plating..
- I served them up like nachos with a side of sour cream and garnished with chopped green onions and cilantro. Some other serving suggestions include salsa, black olives, diced avocado, diced tomatoes, or whatever else you might like..