Thick and Spicy sausage, bean and cheese tortellini soup. Tortellini soup is a delicious meal on it's own, but you can pair it with some garlic bread and a big green salad and add a few more guests to dinner. So imagine my delight when I combined those flavors I love with spicy Italian Sausage, Spinach and Cheesy Tortellini! A lot of people like to serve.
It's the perfect cold weather soup. To make this Sausage Tortellini Soup dairy-free, omit the cheese tortellini and substitute regular pasta, and be sure to double check all of your. This tortellini soup with sausage is a complete meal in one pot! You can cook Thick and Spicy sausage, bean and cheese tortellini soup using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thick and Spicy sausage, bean and cheese tortellini soup
- Prepare 2 TBS of butter.
- You need 2 TBS of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large carrot thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large onion chopped.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can cannelloni or navy beans rinsed and drained.
- You need 1 lb of bulk mild Italian sausage.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can petite diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 package of favorite frozen cheese tortellini.
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh parsley.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese.
- It’s of Roux – 3TBS butter / 3TBS flour.
It's full of sausage, beans, veggies and tortellini, all cooked in a savory broth. The sausage and vegetables are simmered with canned white beans, fresh spinach and cheese tortellini for a hearty and satisfying soup that will please the. package frozen cheese tortellini. Place sliced sausage in large pot with oil and let brown lightly. Remove sausage and pour off excess oil.
Thick and Spicy sausage, bean and cheese tortellini soup instructions
- Heat oil and butter in Dutch oven on medium heat, add carrots, celery and onion and cook for approx 5-7 min until the veggies soften..
- Add in sausage and sauté until browned. Stir in garlic, pepper and pepper flakes..
- Add in beans, tomatoes and broth, cook to a simmer, about 10 min….
- In the meantime make your roux in a small sauce pan by melting butter and whisking in flour until combined. Add to pot and bring to a slow boil to thicken up the soup..
- Add in frozen tortellini and simmer until the pasta is el dente about 10. Add in fresh parsley and serve. Garnish with a little Parmesan cheese on top..
If too thick, dilute with water or more broth. It's a good thing this spicy sausage and vegetable tortellini soup serves a lot and keeps well because the amount of soup we are having these days could feed an entire football team! Chock-full of veggies and cheesy tortellini; this soup will warm you right up! Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup is a thick and creamy soup base with chunks of cooked pork sausage and three cheese tortellini pasta cooked in Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup. Thick, rich and smooth soup will warm you up this winter season.