Potato and broccoli au gratin. Home > Recipes > Vegetables > Broccoli and Potato Au Gratin. You've heard of potatoes au gratin, potato gratin and scalloped potatoes. It's all basically sliced potatoes baked in a creamy sauce, so is there really a difference?
This broccoli gratin recipe features sage with its traditional cheese and broccoli and is a versatile side dish that fits in well with many menus. Gratin using any kind of vegetable is always considered a classic of French cooking. To be a gratin it must be a baked dish but distinctively must have a light. You can have Potato and broccoli au gratin using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato and broccoli au gratin
- You need of side dishes.
- It’s 2 of large russet potatoes peeled and sliced thin.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of frozen broccoli florets.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated onion.
- You need 2 cup of warm half and half.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 3 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
You cannot go wrong with cheesy potatoes and broccoli and that is exactly what you will find in this slow cooker side dish recipe for Crock-Pot Au Gratin Potatoes & Broccoli. On "Simply Delicious Living with Maryann," host Maryann Ridini Spencer prepares a meatless meal featuring mouthwatering Rosemary Potatoes Au Gratin & A. How to make Potatoes Au Gratin. Begin by slicing the potatoes as thinly and uniformly as possible.
Potato and broccoli au gratin step by step
- Butter a 9×13 baking dish and preheat oven to 375°. Toss potatoes, onions, broccoli and salt pepper together. Place in baking dish creating layers with cheese. Add warm half and half and butter..
- Bake 25-35minutes. Checking after 30 mins. Potatoes should be tender, cheese bubbly and sauce thickened slightly..
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10minutes before serving. Sauce will thicken more as it cools. Enjoy..
You can use a mandoline slicer if you have one I made this recipe first with the potatoes and it was delicious. I have been making potato au gratin by making a white sauce for years but this is easier. This Potatoes au Gratin is really very easy to make. There are basically two steps required for this recipe. Peel the potatoes, rinse and cut into thin slices.