Meat Stuffed Summer Squash.
You can cook Meat Stuffed Summer Squash using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meat Stuffed Summer Squash
- It’s 1 of minced meat of choice (I used extra-lean turkey).
- You need 1 of onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of ras el hanout (couscous spice mix).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of harissa (hot pepper paste).
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
- You need 2 of extra-large summer squash (I used grey ball and green patty pan).
Meat Stuffed Summer Squash step by step
- Cut your summer squash in two in the direction that will allow you to make baskets best..
- Empty your squash leaving 1/4" of flesh all around and reserve the flesh..
- Finely chop the squash flesh left from emptying them..
- Mix all ingredients except squash baskets..
- Fill in your squash baskets with meat mix and press to evacuate all the air. You can overfill ;-).
- Cook in preheated oven at 400º for about an hour in a greased plate (I use lasagna type plate because it makes some juice while cooking). You'll know they're done when the meat is brown and the squash tender..
- Serve with lemon couscous and veggies of your choice..