Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom). Super Easy Lor Mai Gai Recipe Rice with Chicken) and its main ingredients are only glutinous rice, chicken and mushrooms. The ginger juice seasoning for the chicken and boiling of the mushrooms with the special marinade Loh Mai Kai is normally served in a small bowl or wrapped in lotus leaves.
Add some fried shallots and mushroom slices, a few slices of Chinese sausages and seasoned chicken and pork slices. Fill up with glutinous rice and press down with a ladle. Turn over the rice bowl onto a plate and serve Loh Mai Kai. easy lo mai gai glutinous rice chicken. You can cook Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom) using 27 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom)
- Prepare 2 cups of glutinous rice.
- Prepare 2 of boneless thighs.
- It’s 6 of Chinese mushrooms.
- You need 1 of lapcheong (Chinese sausage).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of oil.
- Prepare 1 of egg (optional).
- You need of Glutinous Rice Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoons of sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of fried shallot oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of white pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of water x2.
- Prepare of Chicken Marinade.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Chinese cookong wine.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ginger juice.
- You need 1 tablespoon of light soya sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dark soya sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of 5 spice powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Some recipes require cooking the glutinous rice first, then steam the rice after assembling the cooked rice with chicken and other ingredients. Place chicken, mushrooms, shrimps and lap cheong into the pot of your rice cooker or a large non-stick cooking pot. This is Malaysian style glutinous chicken rice (Lor Mai Kai – 糯米鸡) that I grew up eating. In the old days, it was common to Lor mai kai is without salted egg yolk originally, but I added salted egg yolk as T loves salted egg yolk very much.
Loh Mai Kai (Glutinous Rice with Chicken and Mushroom) instructions
- Rinse and soak glutinous rice for at least 6 hours, then drain. (Note: This helps to soften the rice).
- Marinate chicken, soak mushrooms. Slice mushrooms and lapcheong to stir fry in garlic and oil..
- Boil egg and slice into 6 wedges. Stir fry chicken with marinade..
- Heat up oil in pan to fry the glutinous rice in seasoning and 1/2 cup of water till fragrant. Add the other 1/2 cup of water at the end to stand for a bit..
- Put some chicken, mushrooms, lapcheong and an egg wedge into each bowl. Then add glutinous rice. Place bowls into steamer..
- Pour leftover sauce from chicken into each bowl and steaming for about 30 minutes. Topple bowl contents onto a plate to serve..
Also, I have left out Chinese sausage this time, no stock on hand. Lo Mai Gai is the transliteration of 糯米鸡 in Cantonese, which means steamed glutinous rice with In Hong Kong, you will be served with the glutinous rice and chicken wrapped in lotus leaves. Chinese Steamed Glutinous Rice with Chicken, Lor Mai Kai, 糯米鸡. While this glutinous rice dish always uses chicken, the vegetarian version is quite popular too. Lo Mai Kai is basically steamed glutinous rice with chicken (but here I chose to use pork, hence I call it Lo Mai Fan), mushrooms, dried shrimps, lup cheong I use little metal bowls because the Lo Mai Fan can be made in them and they can then be steamed, and kept frozen and re-heated when needed.