You can have Clam Chowder using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Clam Chowder
- Prepare 4 cans of minced clams.
- You need 6 strips of bacon.
- Prepare 1.5 C of minced onions.
- Prepare 1 C of diced celery.
- It’s 1 C of diced carrots.
- You need 3 of medium diced red potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Knorr concentrated chicken stock.
- It’s 1.5 C of chicken stock.
- It’s 2 C of heavy cream.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1/3 C of flour.
Clam Chowder instructions
- Drain clam juice into a separate container and set both juice and meat aside..
- Cut bacon into small pieces and cook over medium heat in a 6 qt dutch oven. Once bacon begins to get slightly crispy, add onion..
- Saute onion for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add celery, carrots, and 1 small container of Knorr concentrated chicken stock. Mix well and saute for 5 minutes..
- Add flour and saute for another 5 minutes while stirring constantly to avoid clumps..
- Stir in liquid chicken stock, clam juice from cans, potatoes, pepper, thyme, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender..
- Remove bay leaves and stir in heavy cream. Bring to boil, then lower heat. Simmer on low for 15 minutes..
- Stir in minced clam..
- Serve and enjoy!.