You can have Sukka Chicken using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sukka Chicken
- It’s 1 kg of chicken.
- It’s 2 cups of grated coconut.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of Malvani masala/chicken masala.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of asafoetida/hing.
- Prepare Handful of coriander leaves.
- It’s 1 of tomato finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of onions roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 inch of ginger.
- Prepare 2/3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
- Prepare of Oil as required.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need of Chicken marination.
- You need 2 tablespoon of yogurt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
Sukka Chicken instructions
- Dry roast coconut keep aside. Heat 1 teaspoon oil add onions, ginger and garlic. Fry until light brown add garam masala fry and add little coriander fry for less than a minute. Off the stove and let it cool down.
- Marinate chicken with yogurt and salt. Keep aside.
- Add the roasted coconut and onion mix to the blender and grind well a bit of a water if required.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoon oil add asafoetida/hing, bay leaves, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Add the coconut onion mix and let it cook. Then add salt as required with red chilli powder, turmeric and malvani masala. Cool well..
- Finally add the marinated chicken, tomato, mix well. Add little water and let it cook. If cooking in pressure cooker 1 whistle should be enough. Serve with chapati or as a starter..