Mushroom ‘risotto’ with prawn, asparagus and crab roe. Turning a classic mushroom risotto into a mushroom and asparagus risotto is as easy as it sounds: just add asparagus. The only key is to add that asparagus right at the end for the best flavor and texture. Baldo rice is a great pick for this simple springtime risotto because it releases enough starch as it cooks to warrant only frequent—not constant—stirring, making this less labor intensive than most risottos.
This meal is very hearty on it's own. If you would like to make a meat version, adding some. The mushrooms add a nice depth to the flavor but you could even do it without them if you really wanted. You can have Mushroom ‘risotto’ with prawn, asparagus and crab roe using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mushroom ‘risotto’ with prawn, asparagus and crab roe
- It’s of Prawn.
- You need of Japanese rice.
- You need of Chicken stock.
- You need of Mushroom.
- You need of Asparagus.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Crab roe.
- It’s of Garlic.
- You need of Butter.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of Salt.
Vegan Risotto with Asparagus & Mushroom. Me ad my family love mushrooms and asparagus, but I never combined them together for some reason. When the asparagus, mushrooms and then the rice were added to the pan, stirring the mixture was almost effortless because nothing got stuck to the bottom. Even after I had scooped out the risotto, the pan surface was surprisingly empty.
Mushroom ‘risotto’ with prawn, asparagus and crab roe instructions
- Wash and soak the Japanese rice one hour ahead of cooking.
- Slice the mushroom and cut the asparagus.
- Sauté the mushroom and blanch the asparagus.
- Panfry the prawn.
- Sauté the Japanese rice after soaking with garlic and olive oil.
- Add chicken stock to the rice and continue to sauté.
- Add more chicken stock until the rice start to get cook, become al dente and all liquid is absorbed, around 6 min.
- Add in mushroom, asparagus, cheese, pepper.
- Off fire, stir in butter.
- Top with prawn and crab roe, garnish with some vegetables.
My husband who would normally help with dishwashing after. Be the first to review this recipe. Remove from heat and stir in asparagus, mushrooms and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper; top with additional shaved parmesan, if desired, and serve immediately. A delicious, creamy Italian risotto made with crab claw meat, Shitake mushrooms and Arborio rice.