Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs.
You can cook Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs using 2 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
- Prepare 6 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs instructions
- Fill a medium size pot with cold water approximately 2/3 full. Water level should be enough to almost cover the eggs.
- Pour vegetable oil into water to make it easier to peel the eggs afterwards. (Adjust oil measurements according to number of eggs).
- Cover pot and turn stove on high.
- Bring water to a boil. Lower temp to medium high and continue to boil eggs. (Cook eggs for a TOTAL of 9-10 minutes from beginning to end of this step..
- Turn off heat and place pot on a cool burner.
- Let the pot sit with the cover on for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, fill a large bowl halfway with cold water.
- Transfer eggs from pot to cold water. Add ice..
- After about a minute, move them into a new bowl filled halfway with new water and new ice. Leave them there for about 10-15 mins to cool off. If not completely cooled, repeat this step as needed..
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before peeling.
- Crack the egg all over with the dull side of a knife and peel off the outer shell. Repeat with every egg.
- Leftovers last about a week in the fridge.