Mustard Fish. Mustard and Fish are a match made in heaven. The seasoned Dijon mustard and butter combination give the fish fabulous flavor. Bengali Mustard Fish Recipe: Extremely popular Bengali (Indian) fish recipe using homemade mustard paste, fish and Indian spices.
DIRECTIONS Add fish stock gradually, stirring constantly until thickened then cook an additional three minutes. The Bengali Mustard Fish calls for frying the fish steaks in mustard oil before adding to the curry. You can pan-fry like I did or deep fry the steaks. You can cook Mustard Fish using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mustard Fish
- Prepare 500 grams of River fish.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Black mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need of salt.
- You need 1 pinch of nigella seeds.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 8 piece of Green chillies.
There are many different ways of making this dish.. Mustard-peppercorn Sauce, Low Carb Fried Fish With Dijon Mustard Sauce, Smoked Salmon Parcels With Honey-mustard Sauce. Mustard Fried Catfish Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Lemon, ginger, mustard and herbs brought it into harmony with the wines.
Mustard Fish instructions
- Marinate fish pieces with 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder and a little salt and keep it aside..
- Grind together 2 tablespoon black mustard seeds, 5 green chillies and salt with a little water till you get a smooth paste and keep it aside..
- Heat 5 tablespoon mustard oil in a frying pan till smoking point and add the fish..
- Fry the pieces of fish, few at a time till both sides are just done. Drain the oil and keep aside..
- To the remaining oil add nigella seeds and the three green chillies slit halfway. When the seeds splutter, add the ground paste. Fry for a minute, then add 1 cup of water and mix. When the gravy boils add the fish pieces to it and cook, covered ,for a minute or two till the gravy thickens and the fish is cooked through..
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot with plain boiled white rice..
When fish is cooked, remove it to a large platter or cutting board, turning the package crimped side up. Whisk mustard, honey, white wine, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl until smooth. Home » ilish in mustard gravy(hilsa fish). I am wondering about Mustard use as a condiment in fried fish. Is this something that originated in My friend and I recentlty went out to eat and he saw me dipping beer battered fish in Mustard and he. -Rohu fish curry with the flavour of mustard.