You can have Applesauce Muffins using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Applesauce Muffins
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce.
- You need 2/3 cup of pure maple syrup or honey.
- You need 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of unsalted butter, melted and cooled.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of baking soda.
- It’s 2 tsp. of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of allspice.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of old fashioned rolled oats.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare of coarse sugar, for topping.
Applesauce Muffins instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a standard size muffin tin or line with parchment paper liners and set this aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the applesauce, maple syrup, eggs, butter and vanilla and set that aside..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and use a rubber spatula to mix until just combined. Then fold in the oats and the walnuts..
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tins and bake for 15-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out of the centers clean. Then, remove them from the oven, let them cool in the pan for 5 or so minutes, then pop them out of the pan and place them on a cooling rack to cool completely..