Totally Stolen Peanut Butter Cookies. Healthy and vegan peanut butter cookies with a secret ingredient: applesauce! There are hundreds of reviews on the recipe. The cookies are so deliciously light, soft, chewy, and better than any other peanut butter cookie—vegan or not—that I've ever tried.
To make peanut butter-chocolate cookies extra special, I stuffed them with chopped Reese's peanut butter cups and drizzled each with melted peanut butter. This turned them into the ultimate peanut-butter chocolate treat. And had me running to the kitchen for a tall glass of vanilla almond milk. You can have Totally Stolen Peanut Butter Cookies using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Totally Stolen Peanut Butter Cookies
- Prepare 1 of 1\4 Cups Firmly Packed Brown Sugar.
- You need 3 of \4 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter.
- It’s 1 of \2 Cup Vegetable Shortening.
- You need 1 of Large Egg.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of Milk.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1 of 3\4 Cups AP Flour.
- Prepare 3 of \4 Teaspoon Baking Soda.
- You need 1 of \2 Teaspoon Salt.
These Peanut Butter Cookies are easy and quick to prepare with no fancy preparation needed. We combine the dry ingredients and beat together the wet ingredients, and then beat to combine the two until smooth. To add a little depth and keep our peanut butter cookies soft and chewy. I like peanut butter in cookies (these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, for instance, or this oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip version) but just I can't explain the exact science between the what and why and how, but it made all the difference and totally converted me into a peanut butter.
Totally Stolen Peanut Butter Cookies instructions
- Mix first 6 ingredients together until smooth..
- Mix the 3 dry ingredients together until well combined..
- Add dry ingredients into the wet until mixture forms a smooth dough. A stand mixer works wonders here..
- Put dough balls on baking sheet. Roughly the size of a golf ball. Using a fork slightly press down making a criss cross pattern..
- Bake at 375" for 8-9 minutes. Don't over bake. They may not look done, but they are. Cookies will be soft and chewy. Enjoy.
The peanut butter in cookie recipes does prevent normal spreading. After you shape the dough into balls, flatten the balls well with the palm of your hand. Just freshly baked these luxurious peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Totally love it and can't stop munching them. Tender peanut butter cookies, made from scratch in a recipe that comes together quickly, are the base that sets the standard.