Easy Pork Char Siu from a Ramen Noodle Bar.
You can have Easy Pork Char Siu from a Ramen Noodle Bar using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Pork Char Siu from a Ramen Noodle Bar
- It’s 600 grams of Pork loin block.
- You need 1 of thumbtip's worth Ginger.
- You need 100 ml of ★Soy sauce.
- Prepare 200 ml of ★Sake (or shochu).
- You need 1 tbsp of ★Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★Mirin.
Easy Pork Char Siu from a Ramen Noodle Bar instructions
- Julienne the ginger. Combine with ★ condiments in a large pot..
- Grill the pork loin in a heated frying pan until both sides are browned. No need for oil..
- Add pork into the pot from Step 1. Cover with a small lid that sits right on top of the food (otoshibuta drop lid) and heat. Remove any excess foam or fat that floats to the top..
- Adjust the heat so that the sauce doesn't boil over (it's done when cooked to the inside, but ideally, you should gently simmer it for 1-2 hours)..
- Turn the heat off and set aside to cool (you could also chill in the fridge)..
- Take out the pork loin and slice into bite-sized pieces. Return into the pot and simmer again to finish..