Baked chicken with apricot jam, sage, and lemon zest. Add the sage and oil and toss. Grate the lemon zest from the lemon then squeeze Brush the sticky jam all over the chicken then place them in a baking dish, leaving plenty of breathing room. Add the sage and a tablespoon of the oil and toss well.
Always check the publication for a full list of ingredients. An Eat Your Books index lists the main ingredients and does not include 'store-cupboard ingredients' (salt. A zesty lemon sage marinade makes for a tender and juicy baked chicken dish! You can have Baked chicken with apricot jam, sage, and lemon zest using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked chicken with apricot jam, sage, and lemon zest
- You need 1 of 3 1/2- to 4-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces, patted dry with paper towels.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of coarse kosher salt.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of Freshly grated ground black pepper.
- You need 5 of sprigs fresh sage.
- You need 3 tbsp of extra virgin oil.
- Prepare 1 of lemon, zested and juiced.
- It’s 1/3 cup of apricot jam, large chunks cut up.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 large of clove garlic, minced.
Plus the olives and onions give it a boost of nutrition and flavor! That zesty lemon sage marinade is so heavenly and refreshing. It's like Spring flavors "on fleek" and in a bowl. Well, almost spring that is.. so to speak.
Baked chicken with apricot jam, sage, and lemon zest step by step
- Massage the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Add sage and olive oil and mix well. Let marinate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Add zest and juice to a small bowl and mix with jam, worcestershire sauce, and garlic.
- Pluck out the sage from the chicken and rub jam mixture all over chicken. Lay them in a 9X13 baking dish, leaving plenty of breathing room between each piece. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until skin is golden and juices run clear.
Lemon and Apricot Chicken recipe: Dr Jonny: I have no idea why chicken and apricots go together so well, but they are clearly a match made in taste-combo heaven. Sticky Baked Chicken with Apricot, Sage and Lemon Zest. Sometimes the lemons and chicken produce a lot of juices, in which case you can make a delicious pan sauce. Transfer the chicken (keeping the herbs and Apricot-and-Herb-Stuffed Leg of Lamb. Rolling the lamb around the filling means you get some of those bright flavors in just about every bite. and lemon zest).