Mom's famous Spinach Dip. Place in saucepan with onion and bell pepper and only enough water to cook over. I prefer thawed chopped frozen spinach to fresh spinach. Mostly, because I don't need to cook it and it is easier.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. And this is our healthy family recipes blog. This Healthy Spinach Dip Recipe with yogurt, twice more spinach and four times less mayo makes the same creamy and flavorful spinach dip This healthy spinach dip is the first to go at any party I bring it to. You can cook Mom's famous Spinach Dip using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mom's famous Spinach Dip
- It’s 1/2 C of mayo.
- Prepare 1 can of chopped water chestnuts, drained.
- You need 1 pkg of Knorrs dry vegetable soup mix.
- It’s 2 bunches of green onions, chopped.
- You need 1 of pd. sour cream.
- It’s 10 oz of frozen spinach, thawed and drained.
- Prepare of club crackers for dipping.
It was the only way I could get her to east spinach and Hi, I'm Gina Homolka, a busy mom of two girls, author and recipe developer here at Skinnytaste.com. My food philosophy is to eat seasonal, whole. We love this warm creamy spinach dip that is sure to impress at any party. It's an easy appetizer that can be prepared ahead of time and then popped into the oven for a gooey and Pour your blended dip in the bread bowl.
Mom's famous Spinach Dip step by step
- Chop the water chestnuts and green onions and mix everything together..
- Let chill in fridge for at least an hour before serving with crackers.
- My mom always hollows out a loaf of sheep hearders bread to put the dip in, and you can eat with the bread as well. If you want to be lazy you can just use a bowl like me ;).
Wrap bowl in foil to keep from over browning bread and place on a baking sheet. Spinach Dip Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect appetizer or snack! Fresh spinach sauteed with garlic, cream cheese, and stuffed into fresh whole mushrooms. Wife, mom of three, coffee addict & crockpot obsessed! Join me as I share my favorite shortcut recipes right here!