Dates stuffed with chorizo. Victor Protasio; Food Styling: Anna Hampton, Prop Styling: Mindi Shapiro. Make an incision on one side of each date and insert a block of chorizo. Squeeze the date shut in your hand to secure.
Pull off the casing from the chorizo. Insert a strip of chorizo and a strip of cheese into each date and press the slit closed. Pull off the casing from the chorizo. You can have Dates stuffed with chorizo using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dates stuffed with chorizo
- You need 2 oz of Chorizo.
- It’s 12 of Dates.
- It’s 6 of Fatty bacon strips.
- It’s 1 of Oil for frying.
- You need 1 cup of Breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1 of Flour for dusting.
Insert a strip of chorizo and a strip of cheese into each date and press the slit closed. Serve the appetizers with or without toothpicks. Get the recipe for Chorizo-Stuffed Dates, an easy and healthy appetizer. I went to dinner with my family over the weekend for my sister's birthday and ordered these off the menu.
Dates stuffed with chorizo instructions
- Trim sausage.
- Cut sausage into 3/4 long sections.
- Cut sausage lengthwise.
- Cut halves into quarters lengthwise.
- Stuff sausage price into a date.
- Stretch the bacon and wrap each date with 1/2 a strip, secure with toothpick.
- Heat 1/2 inch oil in pan.
- Dust bacon wrapped date in flour, dip into egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Cook in oil, turning frequently.
- Remove, drain, serve.
They were amazing, and I knew I had to try making them at home. I didn't have a recipe, so I put together the essential components and did my best to recreate it… The Best Stuffed Date Appetizers Recipes on Yummly Chorizo-stuffed-bacon-wrapped dates are the perfect combination of smoky, salty and sweet, all on one plate. The world can't live without these, so Open up the dates wide without splitting them in half. Form about a half tablespoon of chorizo into a ball, then flatten it slightly.