Smoked Sausage & Pierogi Bake. Smoked sausage (chorizo or chicken) adds another dimension to this flavorful sausage beef chili recipe. This super simple recipe uses canned beans, tomatoes, and chiles. Smoked sausage may rock your taste buds on the grill, but if you pitch in a few more ingredients, you can transition this savory flavor of summer into a few dishes that will have you coming back for more.
One would think sausage cooking would be easy. But the fact is that most grilled sausages end up burnt and dry, and if you. Adding sausage to your meal takes it to the next level. You can have Smoked Sausage & Pierogi Bake using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smoked Sausage & Pierogi Bake
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of alfredo sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 of small onion – diced.
- It’s 4 oz of fresh mushrooms – sliced.
- It’s 6 oz of beef Smoked sausage – cut to 1/4" slices.
- You need 10 of cheddar & potato Pierogi (I used Mrs. T's brand).
It adds pizzazz to your Monday night stir-fry, while making your midweek pasta easier (and Cheddar Cheese Jalapeno Smoked Sausage. Moreover, making smoked sausage should always involve an overnight drying process which in addition to drying the casing also allows time for the curing powder to be well dispersed in the sausage. I have this thing with smoked sausage; the kind you buy in that vacuum-sealed package in a giant link at the grocery store. They're already fully cooked so you just have to brown.
Smoked Sausage & Pierogi Bake instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a bowl stir alfredo sauce and milk together until combined. Set aside..
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add butter, when butter is melted add onion and mushrooms. Cook until veggies begin to soften, stirring often. Add sausage and cook until warmed through, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat..
- Lightly spray the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick spray (my dish was 8×11"). Add 1/2 cup of sauce mixture and swirl to coat bottom..
- Arrange pierogis in a single layer in dish. Scatter sausage/veggie mixture over pierogis. Pour remaining sauce evenly over everything..
- Bake 20 minutes covered with foil. Remove foil, bake 20 minutes more uncovered. Let rest 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!.
The Best Smoked Sausage Appetizers Recipes on Yummly Caramelized Onion, Smoked Gouda And Pear Skewers With Lit'l Smokies® Smoked Sausages, Nachos With Lit'l Smokies® Smoked. Smoked Sausage wrapped in Bacon Malcom Reed HowToBBQRight. Make Your Own Smoked Sausage with a Smokehouse Sausage Kit. Serve up the flavors of the bayou!