You can have Mediterranean Eggplant using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Eggplant
- You need 1-2 of med eggplants.
- You need 1 of large garlic clove per eggplant.
- It’s 1 tsp of regular salt per eggplant.
- You need 1.5 Tb of olive oil per eggplant.
- You need of Fresh chopped parsley.She didn't specify.Wanted flat.Found curly.
- It’s of Fresh lemon juice.
Mediterranean Eggplant instructions
- Using steamer basket (I got mine at a local hardware store in Black Mountain NC called Town Hardware & Gen. Store), and large pot, you will steam eggplants whole. Julia said steam 10 mins. Mine took more like 13 to be correctly cooked like she showed. You should be able to pierce eggplant easily all the way through..
- Set eggplant aside. Don't slice yet. Smash garlic and remove skin. Roughly chop. Using tip of a squarish knife, start mashing garlic for a minute. Add salt, continue to mash until paste starts to develop. Add O.O. Continue mashing into paste..
- Slice open eggplants lengthwise. Cut diagonal curves into eggplant. Spread paste onto all eggplant halves. Sprinkle with parsley and lemon juice if desired. Serve immediately..