Ham and asparagus casserole. I took this casserole to a superbowl game and it was a touchdown for sure! With hard-cooked eggs and asparagus, this family-favorite casserole is perfect for all occasions. But it's especially nice for springtime brunches.
Oh my, it's like pot pie! A tender biscuit layer tops a creamy filling of a tasty ham and asparagus duo. This ham and asparagus strata is basically a breakfast casserole, taken up a notch or two. You can cook Ham and asparagus casserole using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ham and asparagus casserole
- Prepare 1 bunch of green asparagus.
- It’s 1 bunch of green onions.
- Prepare 1 cup of mushrooms.
- You need 1 can of low fat cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 cup of low fat sour cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded cheddar jack cheese.
- It’s 2 cup of cooked ham.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of dried crispy fried onions.
The Ham Asparagus Casserole recipe out of our category Sprout! Place asparagus in a baking dish, spread with ham and pour sauce. This dish, Ham and Asparagus Casserole, is also a favorite, especially in the spring with fresh-to-market asparagus. A great weeknight meal following Yet it's equally delicious with leftovers from a Christmas ham too.
Ham and asparagus casserole step by step
- Dice the ham and saute to thoroughly cook. Set aside..
- Wash and rinse asparagus. Cut woody ends off and discard. Cut spears into 2 to 3 inch pieces and set aside..
- In a medium bowl stir the soup, sour cream and water together..
- Cut the roots off the onions and trim the stem tops. Dice the onions and stems and place them in the bowl with the soup..
- Slice the mushrooms and mix with the soup, sour cream and green onions. Set aside..
- Shred cheese into a separate bowl and set aside..
- Measure the commercial crispy fried onions and set aside..
- Assemble the casserole. Use 1/2 the ingredients – from bottom to top layer: asparagus > soup mixture > ham > cheese > fried onions..
- Repeat step 8 to build next tier except don't add final fried onion layer..
- Bake covered for 30 minutes at 350°F..
- Add the rest of the fried onions and bake uncovered 5 minutes. Turn off oven and let casserole stand 15 minutes in cooling oven to set..
I love to change up the asparagus and include shredded Brussel sprouts or. Celebrate spring with my mum's French ham asparagus casserole recipe. Fresh Asparagus are rolled up in ham and cooked in a casserole dish with a creamy cheesy bechamel sauce. This elegant rice casserole is delicious and easy to make. Use frozen or fresh cooked asparagus in this casserole.