Chickpeas with chorizo and roasted peppers. 'Chorizo' chickpeas with roasted butternut squash and red pepper. The chickpeas are flavoured with merguez spices which reminded me of spicy chorizo. Meanwhile, coat salmon with remaining tsp oil and remaining spice mixture; set aside.
Rinse and drain the chickpeas, then pat dry with kitchen paper. Unlike deep-fried chickpeas, oven-roasted chickpeas don't stay as crispy once they cool, so I recommend eating them while they're still warm from the oven for optimal crunchiness. This said, once they cool, the roasted chickpeas become intensely nutty and addictively chewy. You can cook Chickpeas with chorizo and roasted peppers using 5 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chickpeas with chorizo and roasted peppers
- It’s 400 grams of chorizo, cut into thick slices.
- Prepare 2 of 400gr cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 of 460g jar roasted red peppers, drained and roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 large of handful of coriander leaves, chopped.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of natural yogurt.
This recipe is light, incredibly easy to prepare and you can use your favorite spices. A lot of roasted chickpeas recipes include oil, so you can spread the spices easily, but we've used lemon juice because it's healthier and has less calories. Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Drizzle the chickpeas with the olive oil.
Chickpeas with chorizo and roasted peppers instructions
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook the chorizo for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally [you don't need to add any oil as the chorizo will release its own oil)..
- Tip in the chickpeas, add the peppers, then stir to coat in the oil, and cook for a few minutes to heat through. Remove from the heat, then stir in the coriander. Ladle into two bowls or onto plates and top each with a spoonful of yogurt..
Tomatoes, onions, peppers, chickpeas and cod spiced up with a little chorizo Salted cod stew with chorizo and chickpeas is a classic recipe but I find that fish usually breaks up too much in stews. Drizzle a little olive oil over a large roasting tray. Put the garlic and chorizo in a mini chopper and. Chickpeas are often cooked with spinach, from India to the New World But in southern Spain, they are mostly made with chorizo Combine these ideas When it's hot, add chickpeas and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until chickpeas.