Baked chicken and Bacon empanadas. These baked chicken and cheese empanadas are a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken. For best results, do not overfill them or the dough may tear. TIP: Unbaked empanadas may be frozen.
Empanadas reheat well in the microwave on a busy Breakfast empanadas don't have to be filled with bacon and eggs. Traditional fillings like chicken and beef are also delicious, or you can. Sometimes, oven baked chicken tenders can be dry. You can have Baked chicken and Bacon empanadas using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked chicken and Bacon empanadas
- Prepare 2 of cooked boneless chicken breast, cooked and diced up.
- It’s 2/3 cup of real bacon bits, you can use imitation ones but the real bacon gives it more flavor.
- You need 1 of package of premade empanada discs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of goya sofrito seasoning to moisten up chicken before you put in empanadas.
- You need 2 tsp of melted butter.
- You need 1 of shredded cheese (optional).
However, you won't every have to worry about that when you wrap them in bacon! I love that these oven baked bacon wrapped chicken tenders are so easy to make. My daughter who is clueless when it comes to cooking even commented about. These baked chicken and cheese empanadas are a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken.
Baked chicken and Bacon empanadas step by step
- preheat oven to 350. Cook the chicken to your liking, with the seasoning you want.
- Dice the chicken up and reheat with the sofrito seasoning, add the Bacon bits..
- Place 2 tablespoons of the chicken and Bacon mixture (can also add your choice of shredded cheese) onto the center of the empanada disc and seal the edges with a fork.
- Continue step 3 until your chicken mixture is used up.
- Place the sealed empanadas on a lightly greased baking pan.
- Paint a teaspoon of melted butter on to each empanada to help with the Browning while cooking..
- Bake for 18-25 mins and enjoy when done!.
For best results, do not overfill them or the dough may tear. Just when you thought empanadas couldn't get any better, this recipe with bacon, spinach and cheese came along. These easy Colombian empanadas are made with just a few simple ingredients and are naturally gluten free. What is empanada dough made from? Empanar is a Spanish word that means either to coat.