Ayam Bakar Kecap (Grilled Chicken with Sweet Soy Sauce).
You can have Ayam Bakar Kecap (Grilled Chicken with Sweet Soy Sauce) using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ayam Bakar Kecap (Grilled Chicken with Sweet Soy Sauce)
- You need 1 of chicken (cut to 10).
- You need 1 tsp of lime juice.
- You need 4 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 4 of kaffir lime leaves (tear the leaf).
- It’s 8 Tbsp of Kecap manis (Sweet Soy Sauce).
- Prepare 200 ml of water.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of white pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Salt.
- You need of Blended Spices.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 10 of shallot.
- You need 8 of candlenut.
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger.
- You need 1 Tbsp of palm sugar.
Ayam Bakar Kecap (Grilled Chicken with Sweet Soy Sauce) step by step
- Clean the chicken and marinate it with lime juice for 30 minutes.
- Roast garlic, shallot, and candlenut in a pan until brown color appear on the surface. Roast for about 5 minutes with low fire. Toast blended spices ingredients into blender, give small amount of water..
- Heat the wok with medium fire. Pour the blended spices, then add water, sweet soy sauce, salt, white pepper, bay leaf, and kaffir lime leaf. Stir and cook it for 2 minutes. Put the chicken in. Braised it until thick sauce formed (about 30 minutes)..
- Put the thick sauce in a bowl. Prepare grill pan, give small amount of butter and grill the chicken. Spread the sauce on the chicken while grilling. Grill until the sauce caramelized..
- Ayam Bakar Kecap is ready to serve with rice and sambal✨.
- It's best to eat with this vegetables: lettuce/cabbage/cucumber.