Chicken Sausage skillet dinner.
You can cook Chicken Sausage skillet dinner using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Sausage skillet dinner
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 C of chopped onion.
- You need 1/4 C of chopped sweet peppers.
- You need 2 (6 oz) of chopped chicken sausage.
- You need 2 of Kale leaves, finely chopped (optional).
- It’s 2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 2 C of chicken stock/broth.
- You need 1 1/4 C of water (divided 1C & 1/4C).
- Prepare 4 oz of (ish) dry veggy rotini pasta.
- You need 1 Tbsp of cornstarch.
Chicken Sausage skillet dinner step by step
- Heat Olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and sautee for 2min, then add sweet peppers and cook, stirring, until onions caramelize a bit..
- Add chicken sausage and cook for 3 min. Sprinkle italian seasoning in and stir to combine..
- Pour in Chicken stock and and 1 cup of the water, stir in the kale, then add the pasta. Bring to a boil, turn down heat to low boil and cover. Cook for 10min, or until the noodles are done to your liking..
- *You may need to add water, keep the noodles in water to cook..
- Add cornstarch to 1/4 cold water – then pour into skillet, keeping a low boil until sauce sauce thickens a bit. Sauce will thicken a bit more when removed, FYI..