Rice, Roasted Tomatoes, and Sausage, with Preserved Lemon Brine.
You can have Rice, Roasted Tomatoes, and Sausage, with Preserved Lemon Brine using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rice, Roasted Tomatoes, and Sausage, with Preserved Lemon Brine
- It’s of Rice—————-.
- You need 2-1/2 tablespoons of extra Virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rice.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoons of green papaya powder.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoons of Garam masala.
- It’s 15 ounce of can fire roasted tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of large onion sliced.
- You need of Sausage——————.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of smoked sausage.
- It’s of Lemon Brine——————–.
- It’s To taste of preserved lemon juice/brine see my recipe.
Rice, Roasted Tomatoes, and Sausage, with Preserved Lemon Brine step by step
- Heat the oil and add the rice on high heat..
- Coat and fry the rice for 3-5 minutes. Add the green papaya powder and Garam masala. Let it get coated with the spices and the oil. Another 3-5 minutes. It will be very hot..
- Add a cup of water it will really get to boil quickly.
- Add the onion and stir in. Add salt and garlic. The liquids will absorb quickly so don't walk away..
- Add the half cup of water and tomatoes..
- Remove the casings off the sausage and if you use shrimp remove the shell and the digestive vein in the back..
- Slice the sausage on a bias..
- Add sausage / shrimp to the rice..
- Stir in and simmer covered for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes covered and undisturbed..
- Serve with the preserved lemon brine to taste for each individual or the same way with red wine vinegar..
- I hope you enjoy!!.