Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds.
You can have Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds
- It’s 2 of acorn squash (skin on).
- You need 1 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of pepper.
- It’s Dash of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 16 oz of chicken stock (use vegetable stock for vegan).
- Prepare 16 oz of water.
- It’s 1 pint of heavy whipping cream (leave out for vegan).
Acorn Squash Soup & Toasted Seeds step by step
- Chop onion into large chunks and smash garlic cloves and sauté for a few minutes until aromatic. Add salt, pepper and chunks of acorn squash and cook on medium heat for a few minutes..
- Add chicken stock and water and simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Blend mixture with immersion blender and add in thyme and honey. Add more seasoning if desired..
- Add whipping cream and serve hot!.
- For toasted acorn squash seeds, clean seeds and dry first. Mix olive oil, a dash or salt and pepper and evenly coat seeds. Bake on 325 for 20 minutes! Serve on top of soup or as a snack for another day..