Prawn, asparagus, and chorizo paella. A simple version of the traditional Spanish rice dish, studded with prawns, spicy chorizo sausage and sweet, red peppers. It's up to you whether you serve it slightly "wet" or cook it longer for a drier paella with a nutty, crisper base. Scatter with coriander and black pepper and serve with lemon wedges.
Add the chorizo to the pan, fry for a few minutes until crisp, then add the onions. This classic Spanish dish in under quarter of an hour? It can be done, thanks to some time-saving pre-prepared wonders. You can have Prawn, asparagus, and chorizo paella using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Prawn, asparagus, and chorizo paella
- You need 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of sliced chorizo.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of 300 g arborio rice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of 60 ml sherry vinegar.
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of 625ml chicken stock.
- You need 1 of quantity of basic home made tomato sauce.
- You need 500 grams of raw unpeeled green prawns or shrimps.
- You need 340 grams of asparagus, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dill leaves.
Chop the courgette and chorizo while heating ￼￼￼the oil in a large frying pan. Add the pre-chopped peppers and fry for a minute before adding. Try our easy to follow australian prawn & chorizo paella recipe. Add the coconut oil into a large casserole or paella pan on a medium heat, add the garlic, onion, carrot, parsley stalks, chorizo, chicken, prawns and paprika, and fry for.
Prawn, asparagus, and chorizo paella step by step
- heat the oil in a 4 litre non stick frying pan overhigh heat..
- add the chorizo and cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned..
- add the rice and cook, stirring for 1 minute..
- add the vinegar and cook for 1 minute or until absorbed..
- stir through the stock and tomato sauce and bring to the boil..
- push the orawns into the rice and reduce heat to low. cook for 15 minutes, without stirring..
- increase heat to medium and cook for a further 4minutes..
- remove paella from the heat,add asparagus, cover with aluminium foil and set aside to rest for 15 to 18 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. top with the dill to serve. serves 4..
Add the chicken to the pan and fry over a high heat. Cook this chorizo and king prawn paella on your hob or in a paella pan on the barbecue. Either way, our video and expert step by step instructions guide Paella is all about the rice, the other ingredients simply add flavour and texture to it. The chorizo adds a delicious paprika flavour and lots of texture. This chorizo, pheasant and prawn paella shows how pheasant can make a great substitute for chicken.