Ginger ale Sausage and Rice.
You can have Ginger ale Sausage and Rice using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ginger ale Sausage and Rice
- You need 12 ounces of ginger ale, I used Vernor's.
- Prepare 1 pound of kielbasa smoked beef sausage.
- It’s 1 cup of rice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced onions.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of saffron flowers.
- It’s 12 ounces of steamed broccoli and cauliflower mix.
- It’s 2 cup of water.
Ginger ale Sausage and Rice instructions
- Heat the oil and fry the rice.
- When the rice starts to turn white add the ginger ale and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer..
- Add the salt and saffron flowers. Note saffron flowers is different than the spice saffron. It's cheaper and not as flavorable as actual saffron..
- Stir well. Let boil for 10 minutes.
- By now the rice should be low on liquids. Slice the sausage into 1 inch size. Add into the rice..
- Let it simmer stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes..
- Add the second cup of water. Steam the broccoli and cauliflower..
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower after you steam 5 minutes..
- Stir in taste and adjust salt if need be..
- Cover and remove from heat. Let rest 15 minutes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.