Chocolate French Silk Pie w/Oreo Crust.
You can have Chocolate French Silk Pie w/Oreo Crust using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate French Silk Pie w/Oreo Crust
- It’s 4 oz of Good Unsweetened Baking Chocolate.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- You need 2 sticks of butter, room temp.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla extract (or flavored liquor).
- You need 4 of large eggs, COLD.
- Prepare 1 pkg of Oreo Thins, (use 1/2 pkg save the rest).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of melted butter.
- You need 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of powdered sugar.
- It’s of Shaved dark chocolate or chocolate chips to decorate.
Chocolate French Silk Pie w/Oreo Crust step by step
- Melt the chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl. 45 seconds on high (may need few more seconds). Stir to smooth. Set aside to cool but still able to drizzle into sugar mixture..
- Make crust – place Oreos in food processor and pulse until ground. Add in melted butter and pulse to combine. Pour into a 9” pie pan. Press to smooth out and up the sides. Put in fridge to chill while finishing pie. (Can make Crust the night before.).
- In a kitchen aide mixer beat the sugar and butter until fluffy (about 5 minutes)..
- Change to whisk attachment. Drizzle melted chocolate into butter sugar mixture (make sure completely cool). Add in vanilla or your flavor choice. Whisk mixture thoroughly until combined. It will still be a bit grainy but that is okay..
- Turn mixer on medium (# 7). Very important that eggs need to be COLD when adding. Add eggs 1 AT A TIME. Beat for 5 MINUTES between each egg you are adding. When you are done it will be smooth and creamy..
- Pour into pie crust. Smooth to make even and put in fridge to chill at least 2 hours or overnight..
- When ready to serve whisk your heavy cream and powdered sugar to make your whipped cream. Top your pie how ever you want to decorate. Top with the chocolate. Enjoy!.