Eggplant sauce. Eggplants, also known as aubergines, belong to the nightshade family of plants and are used in many Italian dishes. They are nutrient dense and high in antioxidants. Eggplant lovers, have I got a recipe for you!
This is a quick and easy Chinese Eggplant recipe with a spicy garlic sauce that's so addictive. Plus, the eggplant pieces are so tender, they almost melt in your. Eggplant and ground pork are braised in a garlicky sauce in this popular Szechuan dish. You can have Eggplant sauce using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant sauce
- It’s 1 medium of eggplant.
- Prepare 1/2 of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 6 medium of tomatoes.
- You need 1 of red onion.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s of pepper.
- It’s of oregano.
- It’s of thymus.
Follow these simple step by step instructions that include photos. The eggplant is seared until crispy and smoky with minimal oil, and then cooked in a rich savory garlic sauce. Eggplant pasta sauce is a delicious way to use up your eggplant in a healthy, easy dish. Eggplant is the star of vegetarian entrée.
Eggplant sauce step by step
- Slice one eggplant into 3 pieces, pour olive oil and salt above. Place inside of heated 200° over for 30 minutes and 5 more minutes with grill on..
- Skin and slice 6 tomatoes, garlic piece and one red onion. Pour olive oil in pot, place onions inside. Once onion changed the color to opaque, put garlic and minute later the tomatoes..
- After 15 minutes on low fire, place already sliced eggplant, salt, pepper, oregano and thymus..
- Once ready place any salty white cheese and parmesan..
The aromatic sauce is flavored heavily with garlic and has just the right amount of Chinese five spice and chili oil. This was my mother's recipe and is a nice way to incorporate eggplant into a meal. The thick, chunky sauce is splendid. I like to have it with a glass of red wine, crusty Italian. This Eggplant in Peanut Sauce is a perfect harmony of spicy, tangy, sweet and salty notes.