Cheese Grits Breakfast Bake.
You can cook Cheese Grits Breakfast Bake using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheese Grits Breakfast Bake
- It’s 1 lb of raw bacon, cut across the length into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare 6 of eggs beaten in a cup.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Grits:.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of quick grits.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- It’s Dash of salt.
- Prepare Dash of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2-3/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1 of beaten egg.
Cheese Grits Breakfast Bake instructions
- Preheat oven to 375. In a cold iron skillet set on medium heat, render your bacon til crispy. Drain off most of the drippings. Spread the bacon bits in a single layer in bottom of skillet off the heat..
- Salt and pepper the beaten eggs, set aside..
- In a pan, bring 2 cups water and salt to a boil. Pour 1/2 cup of grits into boiling water, stirring. Turn heat to low and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Take off the heat..
- Add cheese and garlic powder to grits and stir. Temper the last egg in a cup with some hot grits then pour into pot and stir..
- Assemble the skillet by pouring the 6 beaten eggs over the bacon, then pour the grits over the eggs. Slide it into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the grits are set. Let it sit for a minute before you cut it..