Red Beans & Rice w/ shrimp, chicken & sausage.
You can have Red Beans & Rice w/ shrimp, chicken & sausage using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Beans & Rice w/ shrimp, chicken & sausage
- Prepare 1 of Bell pepper diced.
- Prepare 1 of Red pepper diced.
- You need 1 of Yellow or White onion diced.
- You need 1 of purple onion diced.
- Prepare 4 stalks of celery diced.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 pkg of beef sausage/ or your choice.
- It’s of Boneless & skinless chicken thighs (shredded).
- Prepare 1 pkg of medium raw shrimp ( devained, peeled, tail off.
- It’s 1 pkg of kidney beans.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of creole seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sage.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of marjoram.
- Prepare 1 can of organic tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes ( undrained.
- It’s 1 cup of white or brown rice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt ( optional.
Red Beans & Rice w/ shrimp, chicken & sausage step by step
- Before you start please allow the beans to soak in a bowl of water for at least three hours removing the ones that are unproductive.
- Place beans in Crock-Pot/Slow cooker.
- Add all diced veggies, paste, cicken broth, diced tomatoes & seasoning.
- Add 3-4 cups of water or desired..* Do not fill to the top…. Add oil and cover.
- Allow to cook 7-8 hrs on low.
- In a skillet cook your sausage ( add the shrimp when the sausage is almost done ( It doesn't take shrimp long to cook…..set aside.
- Boil the chicken thighs in a pot ( once done shred….set aside.
- Add the meats 45 mins before the beans are done turning the temperature to high.
- Preparing the rice: Optional: add in if you feel as though you have room for it without spilling over or cook the rice separate and place over rice when done…
- Season to your taste to get your flavor ENJOY!!!.