Pastelon de platano y carne (Sweet plaintain and meat pie).
You can have Pastelon de platano y carne (Sweet plaintain and meat pie) using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pastelon de platano y carne (Sweet plaintain and meat pie)
- Prepare of Meat filling.
- It’s 1 lb of Ground beef.
- It’s 2 slice of Bacon or salt pork chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Apple sauce unsweetened.
- It’s 2 of hard boiled eggs chopped.
- It’s 1 envelope of Ham flavor bullion.
- It’s 2 envelope of Sazon goya.
- It’s 1/4 of Diced onion.
- You need 1/4 cup of Diced tomato.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Diced sweet peppers.
- It’s 5 of Spanish olives w/pimento chopped.
- It’s 1 pinch of Oregano,Cumin, Cilantro.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sofrito (see recipe).
- You need 1/2 can of Tomato sauce.
- It’s of Plaintain mix.
- You need 5 of Sweet plaintains (yellow/ black skin).
- Prepare 1 cup of Butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream or milk.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Parmesan cheese.
Pastelon de platano y carne (Sweet plaintain and meat pie) step by step
- Cut plaintain ends and into thirds. Boil in salted water with skin until fork tender..
- Cook bacon and brown your meat in the drippins. Add chopped and diced veggies, bullion, sazon, sofrito and spices. Cook until veggies are translucent, about 5 mins. And applesauce, tomato sauce and chopped eggs. Simmer on low until all the ingredients are combined. Taste and add your own flavors as necessary. Mix should have a bit of sweetness to it..
- Preheat oven and butter your lasagna pan. Set aside..
- The plaintains should be ready when the skin starts to separate from the plaintain. Remove skin and mash with butter,milk and cheese..
- Place 1/2 of plaintain mix on bottom of pan and spread evenly, Add all of the meat mix( I use a strainer to drain any oils from meat before dropping into pan). Pour remaining plaintain mix and spread evenly. Sprinkle any type of cheese as desired on top of pastelon. (I use fresh grated parm).
- Heat in oven for 30 mins until bubbly and enjoy! Buen Provecho mi gente!.