Swedish meat balls. These Swedish meatballs are so tender and flavorful and much lighter than traditional recipes. These tasty Swedish Meatballs are always a hit with my family! These heavenly Swedish Meatballs are the homemade version of the iconic Ikea meatballs.
TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Swedish meatballs in a light cream sauce are great speared with toothpicks or served over noodles for family dinners. Homemade Swedish Meatballs are homemade meatballs smothered in creamy Swedish Meatball Sauce served over egg noodles or rice. Melt butter in a pan on medium heat and allow it to brown slightly. You can cook Swedish meat balls using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Swedish meat balls
- It’s of Meatball ingredients.
- Prepare 1/2 of kilo ground beef.
- It’s 1 of diced onion.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of 7 spices powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 3 tbsp of bread crumbs.
- It’s of Sauce ingredients.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour 2 cups beef /chicken broth (natural or 3 maagi cubes in 2 cups of boiled water).
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cooking cream.
- You need 1 cup of whole Milk.
- You need 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce (see below recipe if not available).
Looking for copycat IKEA Swedish meatballs? Savory spiced meatballs in a creamy, velvety sauce. without the schlep to Ikea. Swedish meatballs, or köttbullar, must be prepared, above all, with love. Some people feel that their meatballs should be served with thick brown gravy, while others prefer it.
Swedish meat balls step by step
- U’ll mix all meatball ingredients together and make it medium to small sized balls, put in the air fryer or on a pan over medium heat with 1 tbsp butter and turn on all sides till fully cooked (5-7 mins on each side).
- The sauce: Same pan, medium-low heat. Melt butter and whisk in flour until it has turned golden brown. Slowly whisk in beef broth and cook until thickened, then add in milk, cream, worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and all powders and mustard. Continue to stir until well-combined. Add meatballs back into the skillet, turning occasionally to coat well..
- Serve hot with white rice.
- Incase Worcestershire sauce isn’t available, you could do it as below and store the rest for later use :).
- 1/2 cup apple vinegar 2 tbsp soya sauce (low sodium preferably) 2 tbsp water 1 tbsp brown sugar 1/4 tsp ground ginger 1/4 tsp mustard seeds (or 1/8 dijon mustard) 1/4 tsp onion powder 1/4 tsp garlic powder 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder 1/8 tsp black pepper Put all above ingredients in a pan and stir well till boiling with continuous stirring. Take off the heat as soon it boils and set aside to cool completely before using.
Swedish Meatballs Served Up: At Home. Swedish meatballs are everyone's favorite IKEA menu item, and our recipe recreates that deliciousness at home—classed up. Italian Sweden Meatballs IKEA Swedish Market What's the Difference? What Is the Difference Between Meatballs and Swedish Meatballs? Homemade Swedish meatballs recipe made with the creamiest, most delicious sauce.