You can have Spicy Squid/Calamari using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Squid/Calamari
- You need 300 gr of squid, cleaned.
- Prepare of Lemon/lime juice.
- You need 8 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 1 cm of (0.5 in) galangal.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes, cut into 4 or 6.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Sugar.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare 4 of shallots, thinly sliced.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 cm of (1 in) ginger, cut into matchstick.
- Prepare 1 of red jalapeno, sliced.
- You need 1 of green jalapeno, sliced.
- It’s 10 of or more dried chilies, sliced.
- You need 1 of lemon grass, white part only, thinly sliced.
Spicy Squid/Calamari step by step
- Coat the squid with lemon juice. Leave it for 10-15 minutes then rinse. Cut as you like..
- Heat a little oil in a pan. Saute all the sliced ingredients (from shallots to lemon grass) until fragrance..
- Add in kaffir lime leaves, galangal and tomatoes. Stir until the tomatoes wilted..
- Turn the heat up on high then add in the squid..
- Add salt, a little bit sigar and pepper. Stir it quickly..
- Add a little bit water if needed. Give a stir real quick and have a taste. Add more seasoning if needed. Serve over the warm rice..
- Squid cooked fast, so don't cook them too long, otherwise they'd become very chewy..