You can have Portuguese Chicken using 2 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Portuguese Chicken
- Prepare 3 pound of whole chicken.
- You need of Peri Peri sauce (We use Nando's hot sauce).
Portuguese Chicken instructions
- Cut along one side of backbone and split open chicken..
- Flatten chicken legs and thighs by pushing down on them and insert metal skewers crosswise from one breast to the other at the top and one thigh to the other at the bottom..
- Grease grill with Pam and then heat grill to 550 degrees..
- Turn off 1 burner and put the other 2 burners on medium heat. Cook chicken on indirect heat (burner that has been turned off) for 20 minutes with breast side down..
- Continue to cook on indirect heat for 20 minutes with breast side up..
- Brush chicken with Peri Peri sauce and cook for 5 more minutes on each side (10 minutes total) on indirect heat. Then brush on more sauce and cook for 5 more minutes on each side (10 minutes total) on direct heat (burners that are on). Inner temperature of meat should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit when done..
- Serve with more Peri Peri sauce for dipping and your favourite side dishes..