Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken.
You can cook Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken
- You need 2 of large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5 lbs worth).
- You need 1 1/2 cups of ketchup.
- You need 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cold water.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of hickory flavored liquid smoke.
- Prepare 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar (white vinegar will do).
- You need 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 5-6 dashes of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to taste (optional, I didn't use any).
Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken step by step
- Place chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker. Wisk together all other ingredients. Pour evenly over chicken..
- Cook on low 6 hrs. Shred chicken (you can do it right in the slow cooker). Stir shreds into the sauce..
- Continue on low 1-2 more hrs to really flavor the chicken. Serve on toasted buns. Enjoy!.
- See notes below ⤵.
- NOTE: You can totally use bottled bbq sauce instead of the sauce ingredients listed. I'd go with about 1 1/2 cups sauce + 1/4 cup water. I just always have everything on hand to make homemade sauce and prefer it over bottled..