Homemade Meat Pies.
You can cook Homemade Meat Pies using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Meat Pies
- Prepare 1 pkg (11 oz) of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets.
- Prepare 1 1/2-2 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 tbsp of jerk seasoning.
- You need to taste of garlic salt.
- It’s 1 of whole yellow onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of large egg & 2 tbsp water (to use as egg wash).
- You need 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce.
Homemade Meat Pies step by step
- In a large skillet, brown your ground beef on a medium heat for about 25 – 30 min..
- While browning your meat, finely chop your onion. Set aside..
- 15 minutes into browning, add your Worcestershire sauce, then sprinkle in your jerk seasoning and garlic salt. You may add other spices if you like..
- After 20 minutes of browning, stir in your onions. Cover and allow to finish browning, stirring occasionally..
- Drain off the drippings and set aside..
- Unfold your puff pastry sheets and cut into thirds. With the 12 oz package, you should get enough to make 9 pies, using both sheets..
- Combine your egg and water in a small bowl and whisk briefly to create your egg wash..
- To give you a safe place to prepare your pastries, and ensure that they don't get sticky from thawing, thinly coat a cutting board with flour. That will be your workspace to put them together. Coat a cookie or baking sheet large enough to hold your completed pastries with a thin layer of non stick spray. Preheat your oven to 400°F..
- Take one square of the cut puff pastry sheet, and place on your floured cutting board. Using a measuring spoon, scoop out 2 tbsp of your browned ground beef and place in the center of the square. Take another square of the puff pastry and place on top..
- Take a fork and dip it into the egg wash, then press firmly on the edges of the top pastry to crimp it down to the bottom one. You will have to dip your fork several times per pie. Once completed, place on cookie sheet. Repeat this process until you have completed all the pastries. I got 9 of them when I cut mine into thirds..
- Melt your butter in a measuring cup, and using a brush, braise the top of each completed pastry..
- Place in oven uncovered for approximately 15 minutes, or until to pastry turns a light golden brown. There is no need to turn them..
- Allow about 5 minutes to cool slightly and dig in. They should be nice and flaky!.