Eggplant Gratin. A delicious eggplant gratin where eggplant is stuffed with tomatoes and bell peppers and baked in a creamy cheese Nutritional Information. Serve hot and directly out of the. When you all come together, it's a party in a baking dish.
Summer zucchini, eggplant, and tomatoes, beautifully presented in a baked casserole gratin. › Zucchini, Eggplant, Tomato Gratin. The Eggplant Gratin recipe out of our category fruit-vegetable! Eggplant dishes are usually heartier than other vegetable based recipes. You can cook Eggplant Gratin using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Gratin
- Prepare 1 of big eggplant.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- It’s 100 g of mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1 of basil branch.
- It’s of salt and black pepper.
Eggplant is a common substitute for meat dishes and adds some bulk to this gratin. Like zucchini, it has a distinctive taste. Bake in a high-heat oven until the surface is golden brown. Eggplant Gratin recipe: The skin of eggplant contains an Coat eggplant with shallots with lard and season with S&P.
Eggplant Gratin step by step
- Put salt on the eggplant and let drain for 10 minutes to lose the bitterness.
- Cut and separate the other ingredients.
- Spread some tomato, eggplant and basil in a tart pan.
- Add some of the cheese.
- Put more tomatoes, eggplant, cheese and basil until the ingredients finish.
- Add at the end more cheese, salt and ground pepper.
- Bake in oven until the surface is golden.
- Serve immediately.
A touch of balsamic vinegar gives this gratin a slight sweetness reminiscent of caponata. Place slices evenly over tomatoes in dish. Spread remaining tomato mixture over eggplant slices. Add the chopped eggplant and cook over low-medium heat, just below simmering point, for one hour or until the eggplant is. The most popular eggplant recipes are usually those in which they are stuffed with some other ingredient.