Yummy Peach Pie. This is what summer tastes like! Peach pie is right up there on my list of favorite things to make and eat. One of my very first memories is of riding.
I came up with this recipe when we had a bumper crop of raspberries, and a friend gave me some of the juiciest peaches Raspberry Peach Pie Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Looking for a new peach pie recipe? Peach pie, the way it has always been made, is one of the universe's most perfect foods and it needs nothing — not a vanilla bean, not a dash of thyme or grating of fresh ginger — to be the very. You can cook Yummy Peach Pie using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Yummy Peach Pie
- Prepare of for pie crust.
- You need 3 cups of pastry flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shortening.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cold butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ice cold water.
- You need 1 Tbsp of white vinegar.
- You need 1 of beaten egg.
- Prepare of for pie filling.
- You need 5 cups of sliced fresh peaches.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of butter.
These whole peach pies make a beautiful summer dessert out of just a few simple ingredients. Individual Whole Peach Pies. posted by Marina Delio Pies are yummy especially the peach pie. While you are around, visit the Griffith Observatory, it's Since my husband loves pie, we decided to stop for lunch.
Yummy Peach Pie instructions
- Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Cut in shortening and butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix the water and the vinegar together in a cup. Add the mixture to the crumbs. Mix together just until the dough is combined and it handles well..
- Split the dough into two chunks. Roll out one piece onto a floured surface till it is about 1/2 an inch bigger than the pie pan..
- Lay the crust in the pie pan and press down lightly on the bottom and sides of the pan..
- Brush bottom and sides of pie crust with beaten egg. Reserve the rest of the beaten egg for the top crust..
- Wash and peel peaches and remove pits. Slice peaches into large bowl and toss gently with lemon juice. Put peach mixture into colander for 10 to 15 minutes to drain off excess fluid..
- Mix together flour, cornstarch, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon and salt..
- Put peaches back into big bowl and combine with the flour mixture..
- Pour peach mixture into pie crust and dot with butter..
- Roll out second piece of dough onto floured surface and place on top of the filling; then flute edges..
- Brush top crust with reserved beaten egg and cut 4 slits into top crust to allow steam to escape..
- Put pie into oven that has been preheated to 450 degrees. Bake for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 30 to 35 minutes more or until crust is golden brown and juices start to bubble up through slits..
- Remove pie from oven and cool on rack. When cool, refrigerate pie for a couple of hours before cutting..
The inside is diner style with booths and. Yummy peach crumble dessert in baking pan on light background , top view. Copy space for your design or recipe A slice of delicious peach pie on a white background. #Peach #peaches #peachpie #pie #crumbpie #peachcrumbpie #dinnerthendessert. Millions of peaches, peaches for pies. Make the most of this fruit by adding them into a sweet pie—swap in canned peaches in a pinch for a yummy year-round treat.