Pumpkin and spinach pie – kibbet lakteen bil saynieh. Apart from being delicious, "Pumpkin Kibbeh"is super healthy! Pumpkin kibbeh (kibbet lakteen). "This recipe from our dear friend Lebanese home cook Judy Saba is a version of her mother's recipe, made communally with relatives each year during the period of Lent. "Amidst stories, laughter and repeated recipe discussions I would watch them from my vantage point. Pumpkin kibbeh (Food Safari Earth)Source: Food Safari Earth.
You really don't need that much dressing for this salad, just enough to coat the baby spinach. Plus, I don't know if it's just Aussie baby spinach, but dressing just never sticks well to baby spinach. Crispy bacon pieces intermingling with pumpkin, making friends and loving each other. You can have Pumpkin and spinach pie – kibbet lakteen bil saynieh using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin and spinach pie – kibbet lakteen bil saynieh
- You need 1 kg of canned pumpkin puree.
- You need 2 cups of fine bulgur.
- You need 2 tablespoons of flour.
- It’s 4 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of – For the filling:.
- It’s 500 g of spinach, shredded.
- You need 1/2 cup of canned chickpeas.
- You need 1 cup of walnuts, coarsely ground.
- It’s 2 of medium onions, finely chopped.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of pomegranate syrup, if available.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.
This is one of my quick and easy put together meals, made all Combine pumpkin, potatoes, carrots and onion in a medium – large sized pot/saucepan with just enough water to cover the vegetables and salt to season. This is the traditional holiday pumpkin pie. I make these pies every couple months. They always turn out great I just add up the spice measurements together and substitute the total for pumpkin pie spice.
Pumpkin and spinach pie – kibbet lakteen bil saynieh instructions
- Strain very well the pumpkin puree. It is very important to drain all the water from it..
- Put the drained pumpkin in a food processor and add the bulgur, flour and salt. Blend until you get a well combined pumpkin paste. Put the paste in the refrigerator for 30 min..
- To prepare the filling, put the olive oil in a pot over medium heat, add the chopped onions and stir for 2 min..
- Add the chickpeas, spinach, pomegranate syrup, pepper and salt. Stir the mixture over medium heat for 5 min. Remove from heat then add the walnuts and stir. Leave the stuffing aside to cool..
- Preheat the oven to medium heat..
- Divide the pumpkin paste into two parts. Coat a large oven pan with 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil..
- Spread evenly the first half of the paste in the pan so as to cover the entire surface. Top it evenly with the filling then spread the other half of the paste so as to cover the filling..
- Using a knife, make cuts on the surface of the pumpkin pie in the shape of lozenges or small squares..
- Put the pan in the preheated oven for around 30 min..
- Remove and cut into pieces. Serve hot or cold..
Add the pumpkin, lentils and water and bring to the boil. This savory pie is also flavored with Parmesan cheese, prosciutto, and toasted pine nuts. The beautiful flaky pastry shell is made with phyllo dough sheets. leafy green vegetable ». Roll out pastry and line baking pan with it, making an edge all around. Wash the spinach thoroughly and cram into a large pan.