Fried taro. Try this delicious Indonesian snack made with shredded taro fried to perfection and served with chili sauce. Taro Fries are very similar to potato french fries, but a great variation in taste and nutritional content. I saw recipes where people first boiled the taro and then air fried it to get a crispy texture.
FRIED YAM PUFFS – EPOK-EPOK KELADI Deep Fried Woo Kok taro = taro root = dasheen I did a mixture of yam and taro root. Taro has a brownish hairy skin with a white flesh with purple specks. Our fried menu items are cooked in a vegetable oil blend with citric acid added as a processing aid and dimethylpolysiloxane to reduce oil splatter when cooking. You can have Fried taro using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried taro
- You need 2 cup of taro or arbi.
- You need 2 of medium onion sliced.
- You need 1-2 of green chilli sliced optional.
- You need 1 tablespoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- You need Half of teaspoon black pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ajwain or carom seeds.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garam masala.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of curry leaves.
This information is correct as of January. Download Fried taro stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. Taro is a root vegetable that has three times more fiber and nutrition as a regular potato. Try making fries with this recipe by swapping spuds for taro and see if you can tell the difference.
Fried taro step by step
- First of all peel off taro and wash them and let it dry in sun bcuz it's too slimy so make it dry after rinsing well.
- Now fry it at high flame just to soak its water.dont over fry it.just for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Now take a pan and add some oil then roast all the spices..
- Roast for 1 minute and then add all the left ingredients with fried taro.
- Now cook at low flame until it looks golden.
- Enjoy yummy taro and stay safe.
A wide variety of fried taro options are available to you, such as processing type, shape, and packaging. This recipe is part of our collection of Fried & Baked Dim Sum Dishes. Sign up for our newsletter to get recipes, dining tips and restaurant reviews throughout the year! Colocasia esculenta is a tropical plant grown primarily for its edible corms, a root vegetable most commonly known as taro (/ˈtɑːroʊ, ˈtæroʊ/), or kalo in Hawaiian. Taro balls, or 芋圓, are ubiquitous in Taiwan – you can find this traditional dessert in almost every Grandma's Iron Egg.