My Favorite Pie Crust.
You can have My Favorite Pie Crust using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Favorite Pie Crust
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 12 tablespoon of cold margarine (cut into cubes).
- You need 1/4 cups of cold water (maybe more as needed).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
My Favorite Pie Crust instructions
- Combine salt and sugar with flour.
- Toss the cold cubed margarine into the flour mixture.
- Cut diced margarine into the flour mixture (use pastry cutter or two knifes) until the margarine is the size of coarse peas..
- Gradually add the water mixture into the flour until a dough can be formed. You may need to add more water, but add a tablespoon at a time.You know you have added enough water when you grab a handful of the dough and it doesn't break apart..
- Combine the dough and form into a ball. Do not overwork the dough..
- Divide the dough into two balls of dough. Wrap both in plastic wraps and rest in the refrigerator for at least a half hour..
- Remove one dough from the refrigerator. Liberally flour your work surface and your rolling pin. Gradually roll the dough into a circle. Make sure you roll your dough to be about an inch more than your pie plate..
- I used a pot cover as a guide to cut the dough so that I can get a perfect circle..
- I personally oiled and floured my pie plate before putting the pie dough in it..
- Place your rolled pie dough into your pie plate..
- Follow the same step of rolling your dough for the top pie crust. Only make the size of the circle smaller..