Chicken Pesto "Pasta". Chicken Pesto Pasta is chicken and penne in a basil pesto sauce. This is one of those recipes that's great for a busy weeknight. You only need a handful of ingredients to make it.
Drain the pasta put it in a large bowl. Chicken Pesto Pasta – The combination of freshly-made basil pesto, filling pasta, and tender chicken. Treat your family with this quick and tasty dinner! You can cook Chicken Pesto "Pasta" using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pesto "Pasta"
- Prepare of Pesto.
- You need 1 cup of Almonds.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Fresh Basil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Olive oil.
- It’s 3 clove of Fresh Garlic.
- You need 1/2 of Juiced Lemon.
- You need 1 of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s of Pasta.
- You need 1 lb of Organic Chicken Thighs or Breasts.
- It’s 2 of Zucchini.
- It’s 1 of Yellow Squash.
- You need 1 of Tarragon.
Everybody loves this chicken pesto pasta recipe. Adding chicken and green beans to this easy chicken pasta recipe makes it a great weeknight supper. This healthy chicken pesto pasta is easy to make thanks to convenience ingredients like rotisserie The addition of fresh asparagus–which is cooked in the same pot as the pasta–brightens up the look. Low FODMAP Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken and Roasted TomatoesFUN WITHOUT FODMAPS.
Chicken Pesto "Pasta" step by step
- Cook the chicken however you would like. Boil it, grill it, pan cook it. Whatever you like best. I cooked mine in a pan with some olive oil..
- Thinly slice your zucchini and squash length wise into thin strips with a mandoline. Then use a knife to cut them into noodles. Kind of like fettuccine noodle size..
- Now to make your pesto use a food processor. Add all your pesto ingredients to your food process and mix away! Taste it to see if you need more salt and pepper or even more lemon, olive oil, or basil in it. Your pesto, your flavor..
- Add a tablespoon or two of olive oil to a large pot or skillet. Then add in your zucchini and squash along with your pesto and mix well. Let that cook down a bit, stirring occasionally, while you cut up your chicken into bite size cubes..
- Throw in the chicken and mix everything together. Let simmer on low for 5 minutes or so or until the zucchini and squash are tender and ?al dente? or however you like your pasta. Serve with a bit of tarragon on top..
This creamy chicken and pesto pasta is one of those easy weeknight meals that tastes amazing yet doesn't take a ton of time to pull together. Pesto chicken pasta is my go to pasta recipe. I mean it makes sense right? I can't have pesto in my Since then it's been pesto chicken pasta for me all along. But I wanted more than just a pesto.