Sausage rolls. A sausage roll is a savoury pastry snack, popular in Commonwealth nations. They are sold at retail outlets and are also available from bakeries as a take-away food. Sausage rolls are a staple of both British and Irish food, so common that it is easy to forget what clever things they are.
A juicy homemade sausage mixture wrapped in puff pastry. Can anyone resist a sausage roll? No, not those cold, greasy supermarket sausage rolls. a real homemade sausage roll that's warm and buttery and has a quality filling. You can cook Sausage rolls using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausage rolls
- It’s 16 of Sausage links.
- It’s 2 cans of pillsbury crescents.
- You need of Maple syrup.
Sausage Rolls made with store-bought puff pastry, ground meat, and spices. Quick, easy and an absolute crowd-pleaser. You may serve them as a snack, appetizer or even breakfast! I have been making my own Sausage Rolls for years, and I noticed that the original recipe had excluded onions.
Sausage rolls step by step
- Cook your thawed sausage links. Brown in a pan turning frequently for approx 5 minuets. Add 1/2 cup water and allow to cook 10 minuets more or until internal temperature has reached 160. Set aside..
- Open your crescents and separate by the perforated-edges..
- Roll each sausage into one piece of dough..
- Bake at 375?for 15-20 minuets. Until tops are golden brown..
- Serve with real maple syrup..
I always add finely chopped onions to the sausagemeat along with breadcrums. I hope you enjoy this easy Sausage Rolls recipe! Sausage Rolls are a must-have for potlucks, Game Day parties, and holiday gatherings. Made with pizza dough and fresh sausages, they're like grown-up pigs in a blanket! Easy, filling and perfect for parties these Sausage Rolls are savory, meaty and full of just the right.