Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie?. Everything you love about Shepherd's Pie, but this quick and easy version is made in the pressure cooker! Pressure cook the potatoes on top of the filling, then mash, assemble the casserole and serve. Pressure Cooker Shepherd's Pie + First Look at The Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook!
Make mashed potatoes: In a large pot over high heat, cover potatoes with water and add a generous pinch of salt. It's hard to find a more comforting dish than a homemade turkey pot pie. This dish is one of my favorite quick go to dishes. You can cook Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie? using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie?
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of cooked chopped turkey(dark or white,or both)*I used dark*.
- It’s 2 of Carrots, chopped.
- You need 2 of celery stalks,chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of mushrooms, quartered.
- It’s 1/2 cup of corn.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 cup of mashed potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of turkey stuffing.
- You need 1/3 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need of butter.
It is truly a comforting dish. I truly hope you enjoyed this video. Please let me know if you have tried. Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face – especially when you get seconds!
Turkey Pot Shepherd's Pie? step by step
- In a bowl, mix your mashed potatoes and stuffing, set aside..
- In a large pan, heat oil and sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add all your veggies, and cook for about 5-8 min..
- Add your chopped turkey, and season with thyme, salt and pepper..
- Add your chicken stock. Make an empty space in the center of the pan and add your cornstarch and milk. Mix until the cornstarch has dissolved, then mix everything together..
- Cook for another 3-5 min until the sauce thickens..
- Transfer everything to a baking dish. Top with your mashed potato/stuffing mixture..
- Add a few dollops/dabs of butter to the top and bake in oven for 35min @ 400°F..
- After 35 min, set under the broiler on high for 5min to crisp up and brown the top nicely..
- ENJOY ?.
A deeply savoury lamb and vegetable filling topped with creamy mashed potato and a golden cheese crust, it's straightforward to make and is brilliant for making ahead. Turkey pot pie is one of my favorite leftover turkey recipes! Made with a creamy turkey filling baked into a pie crust, it is quick and easy to prepare! What's in a Turkey Pot Pie? Keep it easy on yourself and know that nearly anything that you have can be baked into this pot pie!