No fuss wonton soup. This wonton noodle soup recipe is comforting as it is authentic. Pork & shrimp wontons, chicken broth and HK style egg noodles make this wonton noodle Cantonese Wonton Noodle Soup is such a basic, no-brainer bowl of noodles that you'll find at most Cantonese restaurants. These wontons are filled with a juicy pork and prawn / shrimp filling and will knock your socks off.
Including my secret for making your shrimp shuǎng cuì. Hong Kong style wonton soup always has noodles, but it may vary by region. As for pork, it's sometimes just pork, or sometimes a mix of pork. You can cook No fuss wonton soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of No fuss wonton soup
- It’s 10 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of toasted sesame oil.
- You need 1 of shallot, chopped.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 of thumb-sized knob ginger, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium carrot, chopped.
- Prepare 500 g of lean ground pork.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s 2 of ribs celery, chopped.
- Prepare 1 package of premade wonton wrappers.
Cantonese wonton noodle soup, the easy way. Here, we used store-bought Hong Kong style wonton wrappers and wonton noodles. Fresh wonton soup is the best! Wrapping wonton is a bit time consuming but it's really easy once you try it.
No fuss wonton soup instructions
- Put your largest pot on medium-high heat. Add the chicken stock and sesame oil and bring to a simmer..
- In a food processor, pulse the shallot, garlic, ginger and carrot until finely cut. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl..
- Add the pork, oyster sauce, soy sauce, egg and several grinds of black pepper to the bowl of veg. Use your hands to knead everything together. Form small meatballs (about half the size of golf balls) and drop them carefully into the broth. Don't stir for a few minutes; the meatballs have to set. It should take about 10 minutes to cook. Do the meatballs in batches if your pot isn't big enough..
- When you get to the last batch of meatballs, add the celery to the pot. Take half the package of wonton wrappers and, using kitchen scissors, cut them into thirds. Separate the wonton strips and drop them into the soup. Let simmer 5 more minutes then serve..
Glad to hear the video is helpful ?. The wontons are stuffed with slightly sweet, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and rice vinegar Well, look at you being all soupy slurpy delicious wontons. Here you'll find my favourite fuss-free vegan recipes. You might be surprised to hear that the moment. The wonton soup is the soup using wonton as the main ingredients.