Beef Hand Pies.
You can have Beef Hand Pies using 20 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Hand Pies
- You need of Pie Shells————–.
- It’s 7 Bowl of Pie Shells and Tops see my recipe.
- You need of Filling———————.
- You need 1 pound of ground sirloin.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cultured buttermilk.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of rice.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of saffron flowers.
- It’s Pinch of saffron threads.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of small onion diced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra Virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- It’s of Egg wash———————-.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 teaspoon of water.
- It’s of Topping—————.
- You need As needed of kosher salt.
Beef Hand Pies step by step
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the oil, rice, saffron flowers, saffron threads, and onions to a pan. Stir till oil coat everything..
- Add the ground sirloin and stir well. Cover and brown..
- Add the sugar and spices when browned. Stir well..
- Add the water stirring occasionally. Cover. Keep simmering. When you first add the water scrape the bottom of pan to get the flavors off the bottom..
- Set the bowls onto a parchment paper lined baking pan..
- When the rice is done stir in the tomato paste and taste adjust the flavors..
- Add the buttermilk this soured milk will be just right. If you don't have buttermilk, thin a little sour cream or plain yogurt with some water. Simmer and cover remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes undisturbed..
- Then fill the dough bowls..
- Take the tops and seal the bowls..
- Beat the egg with the teaspoon of water. I used my egg wash at room temperature..
- Cut three small slits into the top of each bowl..
- Brush the tops and sides of the bowls with egg wash. Sprinkle the tops with a wee bit of kosher salt..
- Bake in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes till browned..
- Let cool you can eat these at room temperature, hot, or cold..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.