Bacon Beef Butternut Squash. Butternut squash stuffed with Grass-fed ground beef, bacon and onions. Then to "top" it off, caramelized onions in balsamic vinegar and it is heavenly. Hope you enjoy as much as we did since we ate the whole squash with everything else.
I'm still on a huge winter squash kick and I've decided, wholeheartedly, that my favorite way to enjoy winter squash is roasted and stuffed with ALL the. Making your own beef bacon is not difficult, it's just a matter of being prepared for the time the cure takes, then the smoke stage. The most difficult thing may be procuring navel, or belly, but you can approach your local meat market to special order it for you or even order online. You can cook Bacon Beef Butternut Squash using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon Beef Butternut Squash
- You need 1 of Butternut Squash.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 3 small of onions.
- It’s 1 of stock celery.
- Prepare 6 slice of nitrite free bacon.
- It’s 3 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 of himalayan sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 dash of balsamic vinegar.
Roasted Butternut Squash – Great Holiday Side Dish. This side dish is perfect for a holiday like Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years Eve. Drizzle some olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and rosemary, and stir the squash. A filo parcel filled with chicken breast pieces, smoked bacon lardons, pine nuts and butternut squash.
Bacon Beef Butternut Squash step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut butternut squash in half and scoop out stringy bits and seeds. Place squash in pyrex baking pan with 1" water and cook for an hour. (More or less depending on size of squash.).
- Chop 2 onions and celery. Set aside 3rd onion for later..
- Cook 6 slices of bacon in cast iron skillet. Remove and let cool before crumbling in separate bowl..
- Cook beef in bacon fat, salt and pepper to taste. Put in bowl with bacon and mix..
- Cook chopped onion and celery in skillet with bacon/beef fat. Place in bowl with bacon and beef..
- Pull the butternut squash out and allow to cool. Scoop soft squash into the bowl with bacon, beef, onion, and celery. Mix and add cinnamon, salt and pepper. Scoop back into butternut squash shells. And allow to bake 20 minutes longer..
- Slice remaining onion. Toss in skillet and cook until soft. Add a dash of balsamic vinegar and allow to caramelize..
- Toss caramelized onions on top of stuffed squash and serve..
Save yourself time by buying in the filo pastry. Browned cubes of beef, crispy chopped bacon and tender chunks of butternut squash give this hearty and easy-to-make stew its meaty, creamy appeal. Butternut Squash is the main vegetable I think of when I think of fall, it's sweet, savory, and loaded with nutrients. When you roast butternut squash it enhances the flavors even more! But when you add bacon to it it turns into something magical!