Teriyaki chicken. This Easy Teriyaki Chicken Recipe tastes better than takeout. Teriyaki Chicken is a quick and simple dinner. Teriyaki Chicken is the most popular chicken recipes in Japanese cuisine.
Teriyaki Chicken is loaded with mouthwatering sticky, savory and slightly sweet chicken. Although the name "Teriyaki" is relatively recent nomenclature, the practice of cooking meat and fish in a mixture of soy sauce and sugar has a long history going back. Teriyaki Chicken is a very popular Japanese dish and is so easy to make. You can cook Teriyaki chicken using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Teriyaki chicken
- You need 1/2 cup of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of white or brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of ground/dried mustard.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 of cornstarch.
The sauce is just a mixture of soy sauce, sake, mirin and sugar. Just sauté the chicken and cook in the sauce (DO NOT marinate. Delish.com brings you the only chicken teriyaki recipe you will ever need: It's so much faster and We use chicken breasts here for ease, but you can substitute with any other type of protein: dark. How to make teriyaki chicken with skinless chicken breasts poached in homemade teriyaki sauce, served with toasted sesame seeds.
Teriyaki chicken instructions
- Heat sauce and thicken as needed with cornstarch. (cornstarch and water). After sauce cools pour over chicken, cover thoroughly and place in the refrigerator overnight or at least 4 hours to marinate..
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Place chicken in oven and cover with foil.
- Cook for approximately 1 hr..
- Half way through cook time remove foil and flip chicken..
This chicken teriyaki recipe would be perfect for weeknight dinners or meal prep. This slow cooker teriyaki chicken recipe always goes over big with my family. Moist and Juicy Chicken thigh glazed with a sweet and flavorful sauce!! Sear the chicken thighs evenly in a pan, then flip. Add the soy sauce and brown sugar, stirring and bringing to a boil.