Easy sausage and pork pastalaya. Pastalaya – Jambalaya Inspired One Pot Pasta. Just as with jambalaya, every chef has their own version of pastalaya. Mine is super simple with andouille smoked sausage, trinity, a good dose of herbs and spices, and a splash of cream at the end to smooth things.
Pasta Jambalaya (Pastalaya) recipe: Cajun Pasta version of our famous Jambalaya. Next add all vegetables and dash of hot sauce. This Shrimp & Sausage Pastalaya is a delicious Cajun style recipe that is sure to please and made for a perfect recipe onboard our sailboat. You can have Easy sausage and pork pastalaya using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy sausage and pork pastalaya
- Prepare 1 of pork tenderloin chopped an creole seasoned good.
- It’s 2 lbs of sausage.
- Prepare 2 (16 oz) of season blend (onions,peppers).
- You need 3 packs (12 oz) of penne pasta.
- It’s 32 oz of beef broth maybe 1 or two of water.
- You need 1 tbs of Creole seasons.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tbs of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/2 bottle of kitchen bouquet.
Pastalaya – Easy One Pot Meal with VIDEO – Budget Bytes. This Shrimp Sausage Pastalaya is a delicious Cajun style recipe that is sure to please and made for a perfect recipe onboard our sailboat. With savory pork sausage patties, any breakfast gets a boost. These little beauties will certainly have them coming back for seconds.
Easy sausage and pork pastalaya instructions
- Brown pork in some oil for this pot I’m not gonna brown all the juice away from the pork like I do in cast iron pot so say bout 15 mins of cooking then add sausage an cook for 15 more mins ! If the meat puts gratton as we Cajuns call it that’s good don’t work once u put onions in it will all come up an that’s flavor !.
- Add holy trinity aka season blend an scrap the pot that looks burnt or Gratton I add lit bit of water at this process bc I had no grease left so add some if u need to, add seasons, an let smoother down till gets brown good !.
- Then add broth an 4 cups of water an stir good at this point u can taste the liquid an see if it needs more spice to your likening I added lots bit more of everything that’s me though, let it boil bout 10 to 15 mins !.
- Add noodles an stir good, let cook for 20 mins On a simmer I actually had to add four more cups bc the noodles kept sticking an they weren’t cooked through, penne an bow ties noodles always give me trouble may be different if I was using spaghetti noodles which I usually use so u want need that much water !.
- Like if u add more water bc the noodles ain’t cooking just add little bit more creole season an once it’s all cooked up cut the fire off and (the most important part) out the lid back on an let it soak up the smoke for 15 mins then it’s time to eat ! AH CEST BON !!!.
Cook for a few minutes, stirring regularly. Pastalaya is another one of those dishes that gets some folks kinda cranked up. Pastalaya is simply taking the basic combination of the flavors of a typical jambalaya, but in a pasta dish instead of a rice dish. Variation: Mix and match the protein by using chopped cooked pork or cooked crawfish tails. Jambalaya's cousin, pastalaya has become extremely popular in Louisiana according to my brother, a relatively recent transplant to Baton Rouge.